A "project" is a mission trip.
We refer to each mission trip as a project because it involves so much more than just travel. There is a great deal of preparation and planning that goes into each project.
In the sections below we have outline some of the common topics and terms that often need some explanation. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have more questions.
Each Project is customized for your group and the mission objective. Costs vary depending on location, time of year and length of Project. Please contact us for specific questions and information.
We will schedule the Project Payments to be as convenient as possible. Generally, you will have four or five payments with an average of two to three months between payments. You will receive an electronic invoice to remind you of upcoming payments.
What is included?
- Airline transportation (optional), provided by scheduled air carrier from the US International point of departure, including all services such as luggage handling, meal/beverage catering and in-flight entertainment.
- Transportation within country by motor coach or other transportation as listed in the itinerary.
- Concert/Ministry arrangements are provided as authorized by local and national and missionary authorities. As such, the performance venue and schedules are subject to their discretion. Sightseeing and cultural activities are scheduled around these significant arrangements. (GMP is not responsible if inclement weather, local political situations, or changes made by the host concert site are cause for the last minute cancellation or change of a concert.)
- Accommodations in 2 and 3 star hotels chosen for location, reputation, cleanliness, and service. The price is based on double/triple occupancy, all rooms with private facilities.
- One meal per day included, typically breakfast (unless otherwise specified in the day-by-day itinerary) including continental breakfast and lunch or dinner.
- An Individual donation account will be setup for each person participating on a GMP project. With this account, friends and family can contribute directly to the participant’s account through the GMP website with a major credit card, check or cash.
- Sight-seeing excursions as outlined in the day-by-day itinerary. Guides are also selected based upon experience, referral, knowledge and ability to deal with people.
- Assistance from GMP staff as requested. A GMP staff member may be with the group throughout the project. We will also have a global cell phone for trans-continental use in case of emergencies.
- A pre-departure GMP Travel Packet is available to each participant containing useful information about travel preparation, destination information, useful packing and cultural suggestions as well as ministry insights and travel documents.
- An itinerary is given to each individual listing hotel addresses, telephone and fax numbers.
- Individual insurance coverage is included in ALL GMP projects covering each individual (see summary of coverage here).
- Mission Project Management is conducted by GMP working directly with mission agencies and local missionaries to: establish objectives; develop itineraries; and coordinate all items related to the mission project.
- Musical Instrument Insurance
$2,500.00 coverage is included as part of the participant’s package for international projects only.
What is NOT Included
- Entry Visa (if applicable)
- US Passport or process obtaining a passport.
- Domestic travel to US airport of international departure.
- Two meals per day.